Tuesday, August 11, 2015

These are a Few of My Favorite Things! Hydrangeas in Bloom!

Here we are in the middle of summer, and boy, howdy, are the hydrangeas blooming up a white streak!  I love these shrubs.  They bloom forever, come in many different styles, and keep many, many insects fed and happy... I walk out to them to just stand, listen, and watch the life that is a-buzzing on these beautiful flowers. 

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNkpEsuRgfU

Hey, I just uploaded my first videos to youtube, and you get to watch!

Here are some of my summer lovelies. 
 This is a pink lace cap, in the shade garden.  I also have it in white up by the front fence.
I believe this is a tardiva,  bought for $5 at back of Lowe's.  It has taken its time getting to this point, but I love the anticipation every year of seeing how these beauties will grow.

 This is just the biggest I have ever seen these.  I have been cutting them and giving to the ladies on the street and for church vases. 
This is also a rescued plant... Pinky Winky.  It will stay small, but , man, oh, man, has it overcompensated by being loaded with blooms!


If you don't have a hydrangea, I recommend them.  There are so many different styles, something is bound to please you.   


Remember, it's not a great day in the garden unless the shower water turns brown!

Dirt up!
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment